Wednesday, January 16, 2013

AJHL update Jan 14th-15th

It feels great to be starting this final catchup installment!!! It might sound kind of crazy to some, but I never once doubted I would finally get caught up, nor ever considered giving up and scrapping this blog.

Anyways, notes from the last 2 nights games and league news. I may wait to fully update injuries & suspension until tomorrow, depending on how fast I finalize the 4th-9th post, and the 11th-13th post.
- - - - -

Scores for the quiet last 2 nights (which I took full advantage of, to get these 3 blog posts posted on Twitter, caught up on tonight!):

Jan 14th:
  1. Drumheller beat the Mustangs 5-1 at the Father David Bauer Arena in NW Calgary.


Changes:

Brooks:
*Hmm... looks as though RD #22 Maddison Smiley, might have been accidentally listed as back in the lineup early. As I had mentioned in the previous 11th-13th post, Maddison was listed on the game sheet for the 11th, but has since been removed. I noticed it looked funny when I was updating the Bandits player stats, as Smiley suddenly lost a game of stats, from 32 to 31. Oh well, minor, honest error, likely - it happens hey! The Mustangs ones below though... is a whole different story! Anyways, his injury status is back to "Upper body injury suffered Dec 11th, expected back Jan 22nd - Feb 5th" for me, on EP.

Calgary Mustangs (for the 2 following players - DO NOT go by their AJHL profile information now - I will screenshot them both in to show... the player data there is currently 100% incorrect & inaccurate, and I hope at least the game stats are accurate though! Either the coaching staff had next to no data on the players when they added them to AJHL profiles (which I cant figure out - heck, do an internet search - I was able to find all that I have on their EP profiles), or they were in a massive rush. I don't mean to sound harsh, but those profiles are embarrassing!):
*C #26 Matt MacNair (I think it's MacNair... the CSSHL profile for this season spells it that way, and just about everything else spells it MacNair. But I went with the current prominent league's spelling - if someone knows 100% which way his name is spelled, let me know! I'd definitely appreciate it!) was up & played last night for the Mustangs, up from Edge School (Prep) - which plays in both the CSSHL & MPHL.
Here is his badly incorrect 'basic' AJHL profile:
... Okay... to start off with the inaccuracies... he is most certainly not a '93 - he was born March 6, 1995 - per his MPHL profile. The size is horrendously off, by using a basic 6'0 180... he is really 5'7 150, as seen in the MPHL profile. He isn't from Calgary either, he's from Beiseker, as also seen on the MPHL profile. The only thing accurate there is his name (well, it's one of the possible spellings) and that he is indeed a froward (he's a centre).
*RW #29 Evan Pugh was up and also played last night for the Mustangs, up from the Calgary Flames Midget AAAs (AMHL). As I listed in the 11th-13th post, he was delisted likely sometime in January or even late December after the Mustangs 2012 season schedule ended. Strangely that old profile is still listing that he is with the Mustangs, but that profile is not connected to the Mustangs AJ roster or reserves.
Here is his badly incorrect 'basic' AJHL profile:
... Okay, as for the inaccuracies here... well, a person might notice the data is identical to the data in Matt's AJ profile (1st screenshot). The best way to see the inaccuracies are by comparing the screenshot above, to the further above mentioned hidden profile, that appears 100% accurate. Why the team staff (as the Whitecourt updater I am in touch with informer me, the updaters cannot add players to the AJHL database - I found this out personally when I tried to when updating stats for a couple Storm games a couple weeks ago) didn't use that profile.. I have no clue, but it does happen - I've seen it happen before. But since the old hidden profile was moved recently... a person would think the team would be aware of it? Anyways though .. enough time spent on this - all I can say about this, is I sincerely hope they update these profiles as soon as they can - because like I said, they are horribly inaccurate and pretty embarrassing to be listed as so.

Olds:
*F #9 Dylan Hubbs has committed to Univ. of Alaska Anchorage (NCAA) for 2013-14.

Sherwood Park:
*LD #17 Josh Healey has committed to Ohio State Univ. (NCAA) for 2013-14.
- - - - -

Hellz yeah, I'm caught up on AJHL updating, finally!!! I will do a full league injury & suspension update tomorrow, as well, to get that caught up as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop me comments, unless you're a spammer then it will be deleted - which is the main reason why I've started comment moderation. Besides that I'll likely approve just about anything, unless it get's obscene or such.