Tuesday, January 29, 2013

AJHL update - Jan 28th

Before I get much further - I'm very proud to say I'm now part of the Grande Prairie JDA Kings Jr B (NWJHL) organization and very eager to get started with them for tomorrow night's game against Fort St. John! I am hoping to get the N-dub 100% up to date on EP tomorrow (well besides player histories I will have to scrounge my best to fill as best as possible), but for now I will focus on the lone AJHL game and notes from the league, and get to bed for a well needed & well deserved rest. Let's just say stuff away from the blog, Storm, Kings, EP work... really made my day today extremely hellish - but thanks to a great friend of mine, it was almost fully forgotten!
- - - - -

One game tonight:
  1.  Brooks beat the Canucks 3-2 in OT at the Max Bell Centre in SE Calgary. Definitely not saying bad about the Canucks - but one heck of a good result against the Bandits, considering the struggles and injuries they've fought through. I was personally shocked to find out it was this close of a game. Which isn't a total surprised, being #1 in the country and all - Bandits outshot fairly heavy (39-27). Bandits C #21 Anthony Paskaruk scored the OT winner, and also was the lone 3 point player of the night (1G, 2A), and deservedly earned the Bandits game star of the night.
- - - - -

Changes:

Brooks:
*According to the current game sheet (in light of the multiple players strangely originally listed on game sheets Saturday only to strangely be removed after), LD #7 Shane Pilling returned to the Bandits lineup last night.

Calgary Canucks: - As for the Canucks... their roster is just about as hard to keep track of now, maybe even harder, to figure than the Saints!
*C #25 Sam Plaquin - his case still baffles me. From what I've heard he is an AP/reserve guy, and therefore should be fully carded with a Jr. B team... but I cant find him listed anywhere currently. His last Canucks playing time was a 3 game in 4 night stretch on the 17th, 19th (here in GP - I have the paper game sheet with his name on it) & 20th. What his status is and where he is, I have no clue - there fore he's still "with the Canucks" to me. Unfortunately his tweeter bird doesn't help out one bit either.
*According to the current game sheet, LW #25 Keith Csizmadia returned to the lineup for tonight's game (from "Broken thumb, out indefinitely").
*G #1 Cody Befus, who was backup for last game, was back down with CBHA Rangers Jr. B (CalJHL) for a game Sunday.
*F #40 Spencer Bender, was up & played last night against the Bandits, from the Calgary Royals Midget AAAs (AMHL). He will likely be back with the Royals on their next game on Feb 1st.
*RD #7 Owen Johnson, was also up & played, from Calgary Buffaloes Midget AAA (AMHL). He will likely be back with the Buffaloes on Feb 2nd.
*LD #5 Jake Dube (was #7) was also up & played last night, from the UFA Bisons Midget AAAs (AMHL). The Bisons next game is Feb 2nd.
*Former #7,  D Zach Fowles, was back with Edge School (Prep) for an MPHL game Jan 25th.


- - - - -

Fort McMurray:
*Thanks to the watchful eye of Trevor Howlett, I found out that RD/F #25 Joey Stadnicki actually did not return from injury (Broken collarbone, expected back (after 6 weeks, as of Jan 17th) by Feb 28th), and he is in fact still injured. I didn't screenshot it, like all the other 'phantom players' from the 26th, but I was fairly awake. I'm 100% certain he was originally listed as playing last night, and at least 3 others I remember offhand were also erroneously listed and later removed (I'm pretty sure it was 5 in total, but as I'm tired I'm not going to bother going back to Jan 26th post now to confirm)... not sure why the 'epidemic' of it happening all at once on Saturday... but I guess it was one slough of coincidences at once. My best assumption there.
- - - - -

As for me, I best get to bed! I tried my best to celebrate the new job the last couple days of limited AJHL updating to do... but due to stuff outside my 4 jobs (yeah, I know it sounds crazy that I work on 4 jobs now... haha! Friggen workaholic!)... a lot of it dealing with a seemingly endless amount of technology not working properly (my ancient 2004 laptop I think is officially obsolete and needs to be replaced... tonight before I gave up on doing anything but playing poker while at a seafood restaurant for all I could eat crab - the dang thing would freeze up steadily with any sort of browser open and the music on it was aggravating to even here... freezing/skipping every half second... you know a computer is at death when it does crap like that hey!), and well... 'personal relationship' stuff... I really had a hellish day today. Big thanks to my buddy Cam for saving the day - but between the beer at the seafood restaurant and out with him and some co-workers, I ended up having more beer in one day I believe since June. The strange thing is I'm more sober and 'with it' right now, than I was during those amusing tweets/post the one night last week... it's somewhat baffling! But, off to bed I go... I badly need a well needed LONG & well deserved catchup sleep, after only sleeping 12 hours in the last 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop me comments, unless you're a spammer then it will be deleted - which is the main reason why I've started comment moderation. Besides that I'll likely approve just about anything, unless it get's obscene or such.