Saturday, January 19, 2013

AJHL update - Jan 17th

Only one game tonight... which I am very grateful for! Tomorrow is going to be a real challenge... Saturday more so, as I believe there are 6 games tomorrow/Friday and 7 games Saturday.

I had most of this completed, but around 3am last night my Chrome browser suddenly and inexplicably froze up and never came out of it... so I ended up going to bed reluctantly, and when I woke I reluctantly had to turn off Chrome and restart. Luckily as I had not published this post, it automatically had saved my progress so I don't believe I lost anything.

I had planned on finishing this and posting it before the game tonight in GP between the Olds Grizzlys & the Storm but well... unforeseen circumstances killed that plan! FastHockey connection between our new AJHL and the old camcorder we were using for who knows what reason, would not show up on the computer for online upload. Had it plugged in properly, and 3 others and myself later tried everything we could... 2 calls later to FastHockey and they eventually said they were down or something to our Business Manager... what a mess that was! Spent about 2-3 hours trying to get it to work, trying everything, before I was told just to pack up the camera and tripod and give up on it for the night. Ended up missing most of the first period because of that too.
- - - - -

Lone score from tonight Thursday:

  1. Eagles defeated the Canucks 3-2 at the Max Bell Centre in SE Calgary. Canmore wins their 8th straight, the longest since at least 05-06 when I one of my Eagles sources of mine first got involved with the team. Partially one-sided by the Eagles, especially after the first.
- - - - -

Changes:

Canmore:
*AP RW #2 Kurt Hildebrand played for the Eagles tonight Thursday, from the Calgary Flames Midget AAA (AMHL).
*AP LW #7 Carter Jensen, was back down playing with the CRAA Gold Jr. B team in the CalJHL (Calgary Jr. B) on the 13th. I don't believe there were any other Eagles' moves... as I was in progress of adding this move when my browser totally unexpectedly & suddenly froze up last night.

Calgary Canucks:
*As also seen in that CalJHL game sheet - former Canucks C/RW #7 Gui Glasspoole, has not quit hockey, and is playing now for CRAA Gold Jr. B, as I mentioned tracking him down there in a previous post. He in fact played his first Jr. B game of the season on the 13th. Why he did not stay with the Canucks, I honestly do not know or understand but I am sure there are some unknown reasons for it.
*Canucks had many APs in the lineup playing last night. In no particular order, the first RW #35 Justin Peers was up from the Calgary Northstars Midget AAAs (AMHL), and he will likely be back with the Northstars for a game tomorrow.
*RD/F #40 Erik Kardash also played, up from the Calgary Flames Midget AAAs (AMHL). He will also likely be back with his Midget AAA team for a game tomorrow.
*LD #7 Jake Dube also played, up from the UFA Bisons Midget AAAs (AMHL), and will also be likely down with his Midget AAA team tomorrow... I am definitely noticing a pattern here... haha!
*G #1 Jeff Orser started in net, also up from the Northstars, and also likely back with them tomorrow.
*He's yet to play since the injury, but C #12 Clayton Petrie is no longer listed with the 'red cross'. He was out with "Concussion, day-to-day" I already typed on a previous entry that I was going to keep player's listed as hurt until they return to the lineup - so plan to keep my word there... Petrie's still out in my books. Same is the case with LW #25 Keith Csizmadia.
*AP G #31 Cody Befus, was back down with the CBHA Rangers Jr. B team (CalJHL) on Sunday afternoon (13th), after the Canucks previous last game on Sunday afternoon in Spruce Grove.
*AP G #32 Curtis Bowman, never showed on the most recent gamesheet for the CRAA Gold Midget AA team (HCMAA), so to me he's still with the Canucks, with no proof otherwise currently.
- - - - -

Unfortunately due to some extremely important/valuable reading and a video I just watched, it's now quarter to 2am, and I've yet to start a huge update for tonight (Friday night), and I'm kind of half asleep already unfortunately... gotta get some snow shoveling done (even though it is this late) as well - I should at least shovel a path to the street. So will post this now, get that done, and get cracking on the biggie post. I think there was 'only' 6 games tonight... I say 'only' as I've pretty sure there's 7 tomorrow... haha! Unfortunately too, I'll be getting home later yet tomorrow as well. This 2 days of heavy updating is a huge challenge for me, after just getting caught up on AJ/blog updating a few days ago... but I have to try my best to keep this up daily. I know there's a lot of people actually checking in here, so I feel pretty devoted to keep up with it.
- - - - -

Also of note - I may be starting a job with the Grande Prairie Kings (NWJHL) team, and if so it is possible I may start doing daily updates here for that league as well. Luckily, it's only an 8 team league - so it wont be much more of a work load I'd be adding... why I offered myself for a 4th job (EP, Storm, this blog, and now the Kings)... honestly could be called "crazy", "insane", or "stupid"... haha - but I couldn't resist offering myself! I've really enjoyed this last 5 months since moving back to GP - "Best 5 months of my life" as I've quoted numerous times, for numerous many reasons... so if a person enjoys their life, and feels they can offer more - why not, hey!

But, this is enough typing for this post... snow shoveling, and back to work for the January 18th AJHL update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop me comments, unless you're a spammer then it will be deleted - which is the main reason why I've started comment moderation. Besides that I'll likely approve just about anything, unless it get's obscene or such.