Saturday, January 5, 2013

Quick Storm & Saints updates for Jan 4th-5th weekend games

[In hindsight... it's pretty amusing I used the word "Quick"... but oh well! Haha!]

Okay, I am rushed for time so will just post this and hyperlink later, and likely update it again later along with that. Am doing the game stats updating live from the CGA tonight for the game, like the 2nd half of last game when I took over late to get it up ASAP when the opportunity came up.

Storm notes:
*Per Terry Farrell's Daily Herald Tribune article Thursday & from myself talking directly with him & others last night:
 - LW #19 Marc-Etienne Drapeau gone to pharmaceutical school and likely done with hockey for the foreseeable future. He's attempted a defferal for the fall, but with the sheer #s of others waiting in line there is a slim chance they will allow him to hold up until the fall to keep playing with Storm for remainder of season. So he's gone, possibly back for remainder of season, but very doubtful. People around here speak as if he's gone for good.
 - LD #28 Jeremy Barriault traded to Terrebonne Cobras (LHJAAAQ - QC Jr A). He obviously is no longer out with a day-to-day flu, as I removed that from his profile the other day - as when I last checked him after finding out about the trade, he had 2 games with Terrebonne under his belt with an assist [he currently sits with 3GP 1A a -3 +/-, and 19 PIM - as of January 7th AM]. I knew about this impending trade since mid December [Twitter's DM history is goofed up, saying all messages with him were on Dec 16th which could very well be when he confirmed to me he was being traded, but I know the entire chat history with him was not the 16th] as I previously eluded to on my Dec 18th blog post. Officially listed on league transaction link as completed Dec 18th, but I spoke with Jeremy on Twitter on I believe the 23rd and he didn't yet know where he was headed, so not sure. He definitely didn't know on the 18th though, as I previously said that on that 18th's blog post. As far as I know it wasn't public until Terry's article Thursday though (at least in English press, but French results should have showed in my searches too... very strange!).
- captain RW #15 Taylor Cote (who's sitting beside me in suit with Thuds - will mention why he's not playing later...) out indefinitely with concussion issues. It's sounding as if he may be out for the remainder of the season - especially considering he missed most of last season, with concerns about his future after hockey.
*As I found out from Jeff Henson and/or myself from players directly:
 - W #21 Dylan Thudium (Thuds - or as I dubbed him when him and younger bro C/RW #26 Chase were playing on pre-Xmas road trip, #OlderThuds - all 3 of the Thudium bros, including elder bro RD Brady (who plays for the Blackfalds Wranglers in the HJHL), go by "Thuds"), out for tonight's and the next Storm game (as a result of being assessed a major penalty for boarding Jan 4th) - I cannot remember who the Saints player was that was injured, but hopefully he is alright now! If his info is correct, he'll #OlderThuds should be back in the Storm lineup for Friday's game in Bonnyville.
 - RD #27 Tyler Palmer's card has been passed moved onto the Sexsmith Vipers (NWJHL) and he's now listed on their active roster currently. (But more details in following blog post...)
 - C/RW #23 John Webb - exact same case as Palmer, moved on to Sexmith Vipers like Palmer, but John is back in the Storm lineup tonight, probably partly because Thuds is out, but he is only 20mins away from GP and obviously had to be available tonight.
 - G #20 Nick Kulmanovsky was to start, and did
*My own first hand info:
 - AP callup LD #6 Allan MacPherson, who played a game for the Storm on the southern road trip pre-Xmas, was back up from Calgary, this time in GP - but is gone back to Calgary for tonight.
- 2 more APs were up for at least last night's game, and I gave them my word that I'd add them on EP as up with the team (am pretty sure from the Whitecourt updater I know, along with trying it for myself also... that I can't add the players onto the roster - if I could I'd put them on the reserve roster and may find a way to yet!) but both players up from the Calgary Flames Midget AAA team (AMHL) - were #-less G Nick Cristanti and I believe F Justin Jeremy Kostiuk (I had a feeling I'd mix him up with the guy from Strathmore! If they're related someone let me know - but if a guy is from Calgary you never know... too big a place to assume a guy is related with the same name.). Met them myself - seemed like pretty nice guys, still got to track them down on Twitter and add them to my Storm 2012-13 roster list there.

Spruce Grove notes:
*RD #4 Clayton Kirichenko was up and played last night, but is not here tonight.
*Saints leading scorer C/LW #9 Dylan Richard is out for a couple weeks (per Jeff Henson), with a shoulder injury (per Travis Ziegler - Saints play-by-play & former AJHLer... and also as I just found out - Director of Marketing & Sales for the Saints since 2010-11 - I still have to get more complete stats data in the future also).
*LW #27 Devon McAndrews is serving the last of a 3 game suspension he received in the late Dec games, but as it's the last game of that I'm not going to worry about it on EP (We do not have a suspension/injury archive, as we do for transactions).

Former AJHLer news:
*Also as I found out talking to Terry at last night's game in the booth here (when I sat with the other press in a crowded area there - decided to move elsewhere, next to the players in the booth marking stats/recording team video tonight, for an extra body there tonight) former AJHLers F Corey Wamsteeker (1 game with Drayton Valley 2 season ago I believe - with his stats the last 2 season I honestly have to wonder why  he hasn't been in the AJ more!) & LD Mac Putio (he's played more games, but I believe under 10 AJHL games, catch remember where offhand - where: Drayton 09-10 for 8 games) who were with the Grande Prairie Kings (NWJHL) left the team, city, league and country - by signing with, of all places - an expansion team in metro San Francisco. They both were added, with 3 others I believe, to the Bay Area Seals of the WSHL (Western States Hockey League) as of a press release Dec 29th.

Also just found out, via Jeff on the Free FM broadcast (I usually catch while up in the booth to help out), that Brooks finally lost only their 2nd game of the entire season, losing 4-3 to Bonnyville in a shootout. Wow, that ended their newer/latest 16 game win streak, not quite catching the 20 gamer they had before losing their first and only other game earlier in the season here in GP to the Storm.

And one last note before I pack up from the booth tonight, following the Storm's 6-3 win over the Saints... well, I forgot... haha! Oh that's what it was... now I remember - this is all for now, but I will come back to the post and edit in links, but wont add any new data. I will save that for the followup FRI/SAT & SUN wrap-up AJHL post.

More later!

[Finally - all edited up! Yeesh... I need sleep now, been awake about 21 hours - 7:55pm Monday]

4 comments:

  1. FYI, Palmer got his release from Sexsmith and has left the Storm. He is playing with Grant MacEwan.Has practiced with the team and first game is January 9th vs. Augustana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the note! Feel kind of bad I only became aware of this now, but I somehow never heard about him going to MacEwan in the press box. Very surprising, with all the other information I found out about since the 2013 schedule started back up!

    But, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep the updates coming Jayrox, Thanks good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Sorry I didn't respond sooner... very far behind lately, and only finally getting 'head above water' now, so to say... hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop me comments, unless you're a spammer then it will be deleted - which is the main reason why I've started comment moderation. Besides that I'll likely approve just about anything, unless it get's obscene or such.