Sunday, December 23, 2012

AJHL combined Dec 21-23 post, pt. 1

***Part 2 to be continued/edited in & updated after some well needed sleep... sorry again, but I am literally falling asleep at the computer... eyes are so hazy I can barely type right now, and am yawning profusely... to be continued, unfortunately!

AJHL Standings & Injuries, going into the break (the later will be updated by the time this post is fully complete).
*Note on out of date map - a new map has been completed by our EP photo admin, but is awaiting our site founder/manager/head/'boss-man'... hehe... in Sweden, to upload it in which will hopefully be shortly, maybe even before I fully complete this post.

I had multi-sentence to paragraph long game summaries here (below), but while out of the room my Grandma went on her computer (am on her desktop, a just about exact replica of my desktop, typing here since Monday when coming up to visit/stay with her for the holidays) and though I told her/thought she knew not to close what I had open, she unintentionally closedmy Chrome tabs on the bottom half of the screen in a split screen, which included my blog that for some dang reason, I forgot to save before leaving the room. At the same time - it is HER computer too hey... hehe! I didn't think I'd be out/away long enough to worry though... anyways, short story long... since it's super late, I'm behind as is, and lost a few hours of work (in between mega-distractions from a rambunctious/hyper kitten)... and really, I'm pretty sure people are viewing the blog more for player moves than the summaries anyhow... so reluctantly, I will improvise this massively overdue blog post, and just list the scores and game links below, then the moves/changes, and then finally take it easy (well... in between trying to catchup on other EP updates and emails) at least for tonight, and then semi-will until the 3rd, at least on the AJHL end! This post has been so delayed, it's not even near funny anymore... and I absolutely MUST complete the changes/moves tonight - no more delays!

Friday Dec 21st scores:
  1. Grande Prairie beat Oilers 5-2 in Okotoks.
  2. Bandits beat Lloydminster 5-2 in Brooks.
  3. Wolverines beat Sherwood Park 5-3 in Whitecourt.
  4. Thunder beat Bonnyville 3-1 in Drayton Valley.
  5. Kodiaks beat Fort McMurray 5-4 in OT in Camrose.
Saturday Dec 22nd scores:
  1. Fort McMurray beat the Saints 2-1 in OT in Spruce Grove.
  2. Lloydminster beat the Calgary Canucks 4-3 in OT at the Max Bell Centre in SE CGY.
  3. Kodiaks beat Olds 4-1 in Camrose.
  4. Grande Prairie beat Calgary Mustangs 5-2 at Father David Bauer Arena in NW CGY.
  5. Thunder beat Bonnyville 4-3 in OT in Drayton Valley.
Sunday Dec 23rd score:

  1. Lloydminster beat the Grizzlys 5-4 in Olds. [I typed this in the afternoon after the game, the rest of most of the post was done late afternoon to evening] Wow, that was quite a game to listen to, especially the 3rd! 2-2 after the 1st, 4-3 Grizzlys after 2, and 2 Bobcat goals in the 3rd - the last from C #11 Braden Crone, to win it about midway thru the 3rd. Hugh effort by the Grizzlys to tie it late, and though I wasn't really routing one way or the other, I was kind of hoping the Grizzlys could tie it to see/hear what an OT would be like there! Unfortunately for them, it did not happen, and they go into the break on an 8 game losing streak. Yikes, only won 1 game (of 12) in all December, a 3-2 SO win over Bonnyville December 6th.
- - - - -
League wide changes/moves (unlike my usual listing by order on schedule, since this is a comprehensive update - it's alphabetical by team):

Bonnyville:
*C #7 Dallas Ansell, was back with Cold Lake Ice (NEAJBHL - Jr B) as of game on the 19th. He just so happened to score a season high 8 points (4G, 4A) in their 16-3 win over St. Paul Canadiens, and had 2 7-point games previously. Unless he's playing for his hometown team by choice or something (which definitely is possible), I have to wonder how in the heck a guy averaging over 3 points/game in Jr B is not in the AJHL!
*LW #17 Connor Garden, was back from "Lower body injury, day-to-day" to play in game Friday.
*The definitely-really-not-traded, C #16 Travis Wellman, also returned to the Pontiacs lineup Friday from an "Upper body injury, day-to-day".

Brooks -Whoa, injury related changes galore on this team (sure it's only 3 changes, but the Bandits had next to no injuries until late)!
*LW #13 Anthony Petruzzelli, out 2-4 weeks with an upper body injury, backdated to Dec 18th.
*LD #7 Shane Pilling - same length out, same backdated date of injury, but he's got a lower body injury.
*LW #14 Nick Newman, returned early from "Upper body injury, expected back December 29th - January 12th", to play Friday.
*LD #25 Brett Schimmel, played again for the Bandits Friday, then was back with the Southeast Tigers Midget AAA (AMHL) team Saturday.
*C #16 Landon Welykholowa (surprisingly easy to spell/type for me)... was, back up & played with the Bandits on Friday, back down and played with Calgary Buffaloes Midget AAA (AMHL) Saturday.

Calgary Canucks - this will likely take a while, as Canucks still have 9 regulars out...
*LW #25 Keith Csizmadia, now listed as out indefinitely with a broken thumb, backdated to the 18th.
*LW #23 Joel Rogers, still listed as injured on AJHL Canucks stats/roster now, but played Saturday.
*RD #6 Deryk Sutherland & D # 34 Zach Dietrich, back playing with Calgary Northstars Midget AAA (AMHL) Saturday.
*RD #7 Owen Johnson, back playing with Calgary Buffaloes Midget AAA (AMHL) on Saturday.
*RD/F #40 Erik Kardash, back playing with Calgary Flames Midget AAA (AMHL) on Saturday.

Calgary Mustangs - no known changes... nice! One 'easy' team to help speed this along a bit!

Camrose:
*F #8 Ryker Leer, was up playing Saturday, from Red Deer Chiefs Midget AAA (AMHL).
*LW/D #22 Nick Harder, back playing with Sherwood Park Kings Midget AAA (AMHL) Friday.
*RD #5 Quinn Brown, back playing with Red Deer Chiefs Midget AAA (AMHL) Thursday.
*C #27 Taylor Allan, back playing with Calgary Royals Midget AAA (AMHL) Saturday.

Canmore:
*RW #7 Chance Thomas, back playing with KC Colts Midget AA (NAMHL) for game Saturday, though I was told he was back in Edmonton/with team sooner (but didn't dress in the team's last previous game Dec 16th).

Drayton Valley:
*G #31 Wyatt Dewan, back playing with St. Paul Canadiens (NEAJBHL Jr B) on the 19th. He was on the receiving end of part of the 8 point game mentioned above by Bonnyville's player Dallas Ansell, and in net for 10 of 16 goals allowed in 2 periods, by the Canadiens in that 16-3 loss.

Part 2 to be continued/edited in & updated after some well needed sleep... sorry again, but I am literally falling asleep at the computer... eyes are so hazy I can barely type right now, and am yawning profusely... to be continued, unfortunately!

- - - - -
It's also come to my attention that I've sometimes been coming off as extremely negative on the blog and such of the AJHL stat updaters, and I definitely haven't intended that - I kind of got caught up in the moment I guess you could say. Been in touch with what sounds like the main updater in Whitecourt, and his respectable approach about some of my past posts really kind of 'woke me up' a bit about it. So my apologies about the negativity there - am a bit of a perfectionist with things and notice the 'small things' a lot, so it probably came from that. Definitely appreciate the work of the AJHL volunteers (I'm one myself) and their efforts in keeping up the league as best as they can. So, I guess a person could call it one of those 'resolution' things - will definitely try to get rid of that. I'm really a very nice, positive, outgoing guy offline and will try to show that with a bit more understanding on things, here in the future.

- - - - -
*** Note to players & team staff members: I've recently been granted photo privileges on EP and have yet to use them, but plan to use them immensely in the coming... well, indefinite time frame. So if any of you have pictures we can use of yourself, teammates, staff, arenas etc. and you have permission for them to be used by those in the pictures and the photographers (email from them, necessary) and they're not copyrighted elsewhere - feel free to contact me to get you hooked up, as well!

- - - - -
*** Also, if anyone notices anything especially AJHL related, but even site related on EP, that is out of date or you may have additional information: I encourage you to [nicely] give me heck, or contact me and I'll try to find it up ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop me comments, unless you're a spammer then it will be deleted - which is the main reason why I've started comment moderation. Besides that I'll likely approve just about anything, unless it get's obscene or such.