Wednesday, December 5, 2012

AJHL updates from tonight

Two AJHL games tonight, on a usually slow Tuesday:
  1. Brooks Bandits beat Olds Grizzlies 4-3 in a shootout, at home - I congratulate the Grizzlies on being only the 3rd team to even get a point out of the mighty Bandits this season; the others - Camrose losing 2-1 in OT on Sept 21st in Brooks, the Mustangs losing 2-1 in OT on Nov 2nd also in Brooks, and of course my GP Storm knocking them off 4-1 here in GP Nov 16th! :D. Wow, only the 2nd time this year another team got a point against Brooks in their home arena too.
  2. Spruce Grove Saints beat Grande Prairie Storm also 4-3 and also at home, but no extra time required. Storm led most of the game either 2-0, or 3-2, and let it slip away with 2 late goals in a 1:52 I believe.

Before I forget about it... got to say, every time I heard Jeff Henson say "Saints" tonight during the Storm/Saints game on Free FM, all I could hear was "The Saints Are Coming" by the Skids (Ignore that John Travolta & Olivia Newton John caption with the #01... no idea what that's all about, but a clip of the band playing the song live follows),  from the Boondock Saints movies - great shows and a classic song! Strangely enough, on a side note - both bands are even from Scotland... starting to become a mighty 'country' to me for legendary classic songs! Even could just switch that over to UK in general - I've become a huge fan of Joy Division in the last few years, as well. I'm even going to recommend it for the SG Saints if they don't know about it - honestly if they do, I'll be shocked - but damn impressed! Hehe! Honestly, I think this is a better find than the Chicago Blackhawks music crew getting the world hooked on "Chelsea Dagger", by the Fratellis! Heck, my find even says the actual team name! :D

If there's any AJHL roster movements for today, I'll post them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop me comments, unless you're a spammer then it will be deleted - which is the main reason why I've started comment moderation. Besides that I'll likely approve just about anything, unless it get's obscene or such.