Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Travis Wellman trade to Abitibi that never actually happened

What an outright mess this has become... i am seemingly unable to use caps or contracted words or secondary functions while blogging from my new cell, so bear with me. even enter wont work on this now... haha     anyways though...

I'm right now almost starting to feel like an EP public relations expert, after trying to sort all of this out... haha!

So, this all started around the 10th when Bonnyville C #16 Travis Wellman showed up on the Abitibi Eskimos trade section on the current version of the NOJHL transactions link that's only been around since the start of the season when they switched their stats site to NGIN. Anyways, our/EP's NOJHL updater added the move onto EP as soon as he came across it, and which I later posted on my blog here. I didn't take a screenshot of it (heck - it's a league transaction link, it should be 100% accurate, right? Well, not this time unfortunately...) but I did copy exactly what was listed there that may as well be a screenshot, as it copied the exact text style, background colour, and a hyperlink to that earlier blog post. I ended up also posting about it on the AJHL forum, commenting about how it seemed the Pontiacs didn't inform Wellman about being traded, as it turned out a Manitoba Jr B coach I know on Twitter, had asked him about it and Wellman didn't know about it until this coach saw the trade - I believe off my blog. I definitely meant no disrespect to the Pontiacs - I was basically commenting about how it seemed strange Wellman wasn't notified prior to being traded. I got a couple tweets from Robb Hunter (Pontiacs play-by-play) last night but didn't find out the whole story until a few hours ago (around 7:30pm) ... but as it turns out from those latest tweets of Robb's (then) - the trade never did actually happen.

So, as soon as I saw those from Robb, I kind of wondered what in the heck happened. Checked over on the NOJHL transactions link and sure enough, Wellman being acquired by Abitibi, has been removed from Abitibi's transaction history for this season. Like... what in the heck??? I have absolutely no idea where in the heck the updater of that league link got the 'trade' from. But yeah, I totally stand behind our NOJHL updater - he posted what he saw at the time, and I copied exactly what I saw that backed/backs up what he posted, but was later removed from the NOJHL transaction link. So basically with that, I have proof of the 'transfer' (even though it didn't happen) and proof of the NOJHL screwup, and have 'Inside Information' of the 'transfer back' (Robb's tweets to me, of the back transfer than never did happen). Frig!

I'm just about 100% certain, for some point of time the other day though, that Wellman was de-listed/taken off the AJHL Pontiacs stats/roster when I updated the team... but at the same time, it would not surprise me one bit if the whole 'supposed transfer' had the updater kind of wondering if it really did happen as well, briefly.

So yeah, there's the full logical explanation of this mess - I'm very tempted (and for a good, granted reason!) to email the NOJHL and 'nicely give them a piece of my mind' for the mess their erroneous transfer started... but for the time being, to heck with it! I'll take the fall for this for the time being... I can handle it! At the same time... I've spent/wasted more than enough time on this tonight and need to get to other stuff, badly, already! Robb's being great about all this, which is definitely appreciated. I still have to get back to his last round of tweets to me replying to what I sent him while at the arena, but thought I'd get this fully finished before I got to those.

- - - -

Speaking of the reason I was typing on my cell in the first place... was at the Grande Prairie [JDA] Kings (NWJHL - Jr B) game tonight against the visiting North Peace Navigators of Peace River (by the way, the game sheet LIES about at least one thing - there were real people in the stands! Haha!)... I was trying to sort out the above mess prior to leaving and during the entire game, along with sending texts to a friend in Fort St. John in between as well. Saw all the main plays though, in between looking down and back up for the game, repeatedly... haha! What a game that was... Kings led most of the game (at least it felt that way, but from looking at the game sheet it appears they only really led first half of the game), but went down 6-4 after the 2nd (with nearly a full out line brawl at the end of the period... haha!). North Peace then went up 7-5, before the Kings scored 2 to tie it and take it to OT, which led to the shootout victory 8-7. Definitely got our money worth tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop me comments, unless you're a spammer then it will be deleted - which is the main reason why I've started comment moderation. Besides that I'll likely approve just about anything, unless it get's obscene or such.