Friday, December 28, 2012

Definite final AJHL post of 2012

Wow... definitely never would of thought I could be away from blog posts for 4 days, but hey it happened! I guess I got a good unintentional break the last few days, but I've really got to start taking advantage of this final week off before it is totally over!

Anyways, brief notes I've come across, listed on a sticky note here in front of me (besides the final 2 bits):

Okotoks:
*C #25 Tanner Ockey was carded and added for rest of season, from Calgary Royals Midget AAA (AMHL), but is out 3-6wks with lower body injury, per Gino De Paoli Twitter Direct Message to me (as of the 19th, therefore: Lower body injury, expected back Jan 9th-30th). He had 12 points (6G, 6A) in his 18 AMHL games this season, along with 10 PIMs.
*He, Gino, also told me that Kyle Krabben was a healthy scratch their 2nd last game and played their final game of the season.

Olds:
*D #5 Connor Bass, normally a D, played F for the final AJHL game of the 2012 season last Sunday, per Galen Hartviksen per radio broadcast of game I tuned into online.

Whitecourt:
*Per that same Wolverines stats updater via Twitter DM's that I mentioned in the 21st-23rd posts - currently unlisted callup for that game, as the 18th skater (as he doesn't have ability to add new players to roster, only coaching staff does from what he told me); LW Jacob Schofield, wore #5 and from a later DM from the Wolverines stats updater, Schofield had no recorded points or penalty minutes in that game. Hopefully the coaching staff will get to adding him onto the game sheet/roster/stats though, to give him credit for the game played/callup on the AJHL website - but for now, he at least is getting that credit on EP.


***Possible free agent RW Jayden Hart (probably already carded) - who is a former AJHL one-gamer (Spruce Grove Saints in 2010-11) likely coming [back] to the AJHL. From a very trusted reliable source of mine, Hart has left the Medicine Hat Tigers and returned home to Spruce Grove. He played that one game in  2010-11 as what should have been an AP (it's not marked on that profile, but as he played Midget AAA with the AMHL's St. Albert Raiders for all but that game, and two with the WHL's Medicine Hat Tigers - one can presume he was AP). So because of that, no guarantee he's signed/carded by the Saints, but as he's from Spruce Grove - one can only guess he'll likely make a 2013 AJHL debut with the Saints.

Also, though he never did play in the AJHL - G Liam Liston, from St. Albert, has retired from the Vancouver Giants. I first found out Boxing Day from a tweet from reporter Steve Ewen, which was retweeted late that night by Liston himself, and confirmed in a media release by the Giants the following day. The same source as above, said Liston has indicated plans to attend the U of A, but I'm not 100% sure if it means student or student/athlete for the Golden Bears - though have added it as a possible rumour onto EP for now.

And that's all for the AJ in 2012. Now, here's REALLY hoping I'll get done a whole heck of a lot of catchup in the last week off, out of GP til the Storm are back playing at least... oh crud, I knew there was at least a game on Thursday the 3rd, but turns out there's only 1 game on the previous day (Wednesday, then 2nd), then 2 on Thursday, then likely all the other teams that didn't get back playing Wednesday and Thursday will be back by Friday's game and almost certainly Saturday's.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog keep up the good work Wct

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I definitely will do! Have a great rest of the 'AJHL holidays'!

      I've got to start taking advantage of this time a lot better than I have so far... it's quickly running out on me! Haha!

      Delete

Feel free to drop me comments, unless you're a spammer then it will be deleted - which is the main reason why I've started comment moderation. Besides that I'll likely approve just about anything, unless it get's obscene or such.