Sunday, December 23, 2012

Whitecourt Wolverines add C Charles Inglis & other team notes

Just a brief tidbit before my 'other' nearly completed blog post explaining my lack of a HUGE AJHL update today (Sorry! Definitely not intentional!)... this went unnoticed by pretty much sickly 'absentee me' of the last few days, and the entire community on the AJHL Hockey Talk forum... but:

As first tweeted by Tyler King/Kinger on the 19th and confirmed by the Wolverines on the 20th, the Wolverines have added former 60 point WHL scorer, C Charles Inglis (as also tweeted by Kinger),  to the team. He's yet to be added on the AJHL's Wolverines stats/roster as of now (4:36am MST - first screenshot below) though neither has LD #4 Landon Hall yet (who's been playing every game since signing as far as I know) nor RD/F #9 Michael Claffey (though he was listed as an AP from and may have been reassigned back to the Spruce Grove Regals of the CapJHL but as I am a few days behind I haven't got to checking yet and will wait til tomorrow now, but he's yet to play with the Regals as of now, 5:21am Dec 23rd, since being signed by the Wolverines on the 13th), let alone added to the AJHL system with a profile (also as of now).
As a person may also notice, I've yet to get the Wolverines stats after that game updated onto EP, mainly due to my recent sickness and other stuff (discussed in soon to be posted, post).

He's also not listed on the current game sheet from Friday's game between the Sherwood Park Crusaders and the Wolverines in Whitecourt, though strangely there's only 17 skaters listed on the Wolverines roster on the very same game sheet... and to me it seems awfully strange for a team to only play 17 skaters after announcing adding a guy the day before... no??? (though as it MAY get updated, I've included a screenshot to show this below).
I have absolutely nothing against the Wolverines (as I posted somewhere to the same effect, I also praised their facility there - the Scott Safety Centre - awesome restaurant/lounge setup between 2 rinks!), but after the mess of errors I spotted on the 11th (game 5 on the link and the links posted there), I really have to wonder about their updater(s) - thinking that maybe he/she/they neglected Inglis on the game sheet.

In his long WHL career between Saskatoon, Prince George, Red Deer and Kamloops he totaled in the regular season, 290GP 92G 85A 177Pts a -23 +/- and 440PIM. Also in the playoffs in 2009-11 for Saskatoon (09-10) & Prince George (2011) he played 20GP with 3G 1A 4Pts a -2 +/- and 12PIM. That was capped off by his 2010-11 season where he scored the above mentioned 60 points in 69gms for Prince George.

Kind of surprising he didn't get traded to/picked up by another WHL team with his WHL scoring history, but I guess in the end of it, the Wolverines gave him 'an offer he couldn't refuse' to join them for at least the time being.
- - - - -
As some keen observers may also notice from above screenshot of Wolverines roster on game sheet from December 21st, LW #17 Jacques Bernier was again recalled from CAC Edmonton Canadians Midget AAA (AMHL) to play. He could very well have been back with the CAC team for game(s) yesterday (Saturday) & today (Sunday)... but I am definitely not checking that until... well, you'll find out next post.
- - - - -
Also, changes for the Wolverines, after trading away then captain C #16 Jamie Johnson, as listed in this tweet by the Wolverines on the 14th:
New captain is C #19 Jerome Raymond, and LD/C #25 Mathieu Gagnon & D #6 Dalton Olsen take over as A's with a 3rd to be named later. RW #9 Brady Goebel was wearing an A earlier in the season as well as I previously had listed on EP, but as he's also been dealt, obviously he wont become a new 3rd A.

And that's all for this longer-than-intended post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop me comments, unless you're a spammer then it will be deleted - which is the main reason why I've started comment moderation. Besides that I'll likely approve just about anything, unless it get's obscene or such.