Saturday, December 15, 2012

AJHL scores & summary - Dec 14th

I'm dead tired, so I have a feeling I may try to rush this and may not link everything in or add labels until after I badly needed long sleep... but, here goes for now...

Games from tonight (summaries likely after sleep)

  1. Bandits beat Drumheller 6-2 in Brooks.
  2. Spruce Grove beat Crusaders 1-0 in Sherwood Park.
  3. Storm beat Lloydminster 4-1 here in GP - a 'sort of' summary on the AJHL forum I typed earlier while still fairly more awake (if you're a Bobcat fan and know what happened in the 3rd, I wouldn't click this to relive it! You've been warned.).
  4. Calgary Mustangs beat Olds 3-2 in OT at the Father David Bauer Arena in NW Calgary.
  5. Kodiaks more than double up Canmore 7-2 in Camrose.
  6. Whitecourt really did double up on Oil Barons 6-3 in Fort McMurray.

Changes/moves:
Drumheller - no known changes. Just thought I'd mention.

Brooks:
*#-less LW Kyler Nachtigall, now listed/AP-ed/on reserve... hmm, sounds like they maybe got some injuries  now... if there's 2 of the listed/AP-ed/reserve guys already up, and a new guy is added with the team. Will find out in moment if anyone else is listed with a 'known injury' by the Bandits updater(s) though.
*D #22 Maddison Smiley... not officially listed as hurt by a Brooks updater on the AJHL's Bandits roster... yet at least... but, he did not play tonight for the Bandits. Looks like mattie's post on the AJHL forum about him likely being out, was seemingly accurate!
*LW #16 Ben Assad  & C #25 Landon Welykholowa (who I only re-mention mainly as I accidentally forgot to enter their jersey #s on EP) as expected, played last night for the Bandits.

Spruce Grove:
*D #4 Kaleb Denham has been back with Red Deer Chiefs Midget AAA (AMHL) since Dec 9th.
*Also D #4 Clayton Kirichenko, back up with Saints last night and played, from Sherwood park Kings Midget AAA (AMHL).

Sherwood Park - no known changes I know of

Lloydminster - no known changes I know of either

Grande Prairie - who've yet to play an AP/reserve skater all season, do have 1 known change:
*C/RW #23 John Webb - out with an undisclosed injury. I didn't catch what or how long as I was so distracted by getting the FastHockey computer setup & working pre-game tonight I forgot to turn on the game radio broadcast until just before the 1st period. Awaiting a text/Twitter response about it though.

Olds - no known changes to my knowledge

Calgary Mustangs - no known changes to my knowledge

Canmore:
*G #39 Forrest Ayearst - I've spoke of his uncertain status a few times, since being de-listed by his HJHL team Cochrane Generals somewhere around Dec 3rd, but for the life of me cannot find the last blog post about it, probably because I'm crazy overtired. Anyways though, have a little theory about what may be going on with him... he had a rough ride in the HJ this season (3gms 5.80GAA .853sv%) so I've kind of been thinking he either quit the team and decided to go back home (which just so happens to also be Canmore) or likelier he was released and likely returned home. Both seem definitely possible. I wasn't able to find much for stats on him either... if I'm not mistaken I could swear I found information on him in an adult league (we don't really list adult league stats - senior league ones though - kind of a fine line between those) but never added it onto his profile. Not going to worry about it now though as I'm dead tired; but as for why I'm talking about him in this entry at all, which also supports both possible theories/scenarios if he returned to Canmore - he just so happened to play for the Eagles tonight... and he got roughed up pretty badly! A total of 6mins, 9.92GAA, and a hurtin' .500sv%... not that starter G #30 Cam Barnes had a much better night though... nearly 54mins with a 6.72GAA and a .7857sv%... Camrose really rolled over them last night!
*Their other G #39 James Fisk, was back with the Airdrie Thunder (HJHL) last night picking up a win against Three Hills.

Camrose - no known changes to my knowledge

Whitecourt:
*RD/F Michael Claffey has been given #9. He's listed on the Wolverines reserves now... so not sure if it's a sign he's back with the Spruce Grove Regals (CapJHL), or if he was just added to the roster on the reserve and will stay there while playing for the Wolverines - will be checked the Regals profile of his from now til he maybe returns there though anyhow.

Fort McMurray:
*No real/new changes at all, but as I mentioned in the last post (Fort McMurray section):
"*Not really a change, but the next MOB game tomorrow night will be after the 4-6 week range for return for LD #4 captain Brock Maschmeyer's from fractured/broken thumb injury. Same is the case for LW/C #20 Justin Fraser's fractured/broken jaw (excited expected out for 6 weeks). Yikes... LD/F #7 Mike Green (Concussion, expected back Nov 21st-28th) & C #11 Harrison Hendrix (Knee strain, expected back Nov 30th) are both a half month overdue. #-less D Jordan Clark overdue on Fractured tibia/ankle injury, status uncertain (was to be back by November 24th) - as I already noticed him overdue prior to this check. Not good for the Oil Barons..." - all 5 of them are now overdue... yikes!

- - - -
Also recent development I found involving player last know to be playing in the AJHL - Paul Lamoureux:
Well that final tweet of Paul's before I finally just resigned to the fact he wasn't going to be back with an AJHL team this season (at least right away - anything can happen between now and the deadline of course, and a person could even get released and re-signed after if I remember correctly) and finally removed him from the Spruce Grove 'list' on my AJHL inter-league trade/move .txt file; proved to be 100% reliable and accurate.

He did infact land in Ontario, as our NOJHL updater just posted on EP - he played his first game with North Bay Trappers last night.

And that is all for this post... finally!

2 comments:

  1. well not too make excuses for my Eagles but they are pretty banged up in the last month or 2 and players are playing with injuries etc so their woes will continue until something is done to help them with their man game lost scenario. Hoping there is some sort of trades, signings in the work or the boys just might not be able to turn this season around and it could be an even longer year than it already is...puck on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean... but tonight, especially that insanely one-sided 2nd period, should definitely be a huge confidence boost.

    That was a tough one to listen to as a Storm fan... yikes! There was that huge 4 on 1 block by Tyler Haiste where a person would think the Storm would have built off the momentum of that, but I think it was less than a minute later that Phillips struck with those two goals in under a minute or something, hey.

    Now, back tied with the even more injured Canucks, for 7th in the South as well.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop me comments, unless you're a spammer then it will be deleted - which is the main reason why I've started comment moderation. Besides that I'll likely approve just about anything, unless it get's obscene or such.