Saturday, December 15, 2012

Jamie Johnson developments/changes

Okay, as I posted in the post about Thursday game and moves (part 2 in it, of 4):
"Okay... along with Claffey's addition, the Wolverines also traded captain C #16 Jamie Johnson(strangely they didn't mention anyone was traded away in their media release - and spelled Claffey wrong... hehe - geez guys, should know how to spell your own players names! hehe! ;) only joking/bugging of course) for SJHL's Melville Millionaires D Landon Hall (who was listed in above Wolverines media release). Hall by the way, was born in Stony Plain from what I previously gathered while he was briefly with the Grande Prairie Storm in the September 2010's preseason schedule. I first found out about Claffey/Hall in a repost of the Wolverines media release on the AJHL forum earlier; and only found out about Johnson being traded away from a Gino De Paoli (Okotoks play-by-play) tweet. As I've said in the past on the AJHL forum, "Play-by-play guys are like 'AJHL gods' in my books", for their close to 100% accuracy. He tweeted prior to that Johnson was apparently released, according to what he was seeing on social media. Regardless of what fully transpired - Whitecourt gains D's Claffey & Hall and traded Johnson to Melville."

Okay... not to add into that. I originally saw this email around 9-9:30pm, but had loads to do so didn't fully process it til later. I got a quick email from a friend/source from St. Albert - but anyways, my source told me that he saw my website (not sure if he meant my blog or EP, but either way) for the Jamie Johnson trade, and informed me that he just got back from a St. Albert Merchants (CapJHL Jr B) game not long before messaging me, and said that Jamie Johnson was in the lineup for the North Edmonton Red Wings team wearing #9, and was "Probably the best player on the ice". I double check everything if possible, so just as I expected, sure enough - there was Jamie Johnson's profile listed as playing last night for North EDM with that aforementioned #9, and he picked up an assist in the game.

So I briefly thought that maybe part of what Gino tweeted the other night might not have been fully 100% accurate (regarding the fact he said Johnson was traded, as the release now seemed more accurate, and then just a signing by Melville); but that brief doubt did not last long at all... which isn't any surprise to me... haha! 


As seen below, according to the SJHL transactions link for December 14 - C #16 Jamie Johnson was infact traded to Melville for the previously mentioned Landon Hall:


So, to try and get this story straight... as of the 13th, according to what Gino found out and tweeted - Johnson was traded to Melville for Landon Hall. On the 14th, seemingly after already being traded to Melville, as I found out from my St. Albert source - he played last night for the North Edmonton Red Wings (CapJHL, Jr B). So a person has to wonder if he's staying with NERW and just had his Jr A rights traded, or if his rights were traded and maybe instead of reporting all the way to Melville right away, he decided (or was directed/allowed) to go St. Albert for the game last night and maybe will soon after show up on the Melville Millionaires game sheet.


I guess only time will tell - but there's the full story from what I've gathered, as of this exact moment.

It kind of begs the question again: why was Johnson's trade (or even if it did happen earlier - release) not posted by the Wolverines on their press release - heck, he was a high profile guy - the team captain. But, as a close personal source with a long history with the league even quoted to me yesterday, more or less, "some teams in the league do strange things on their websites".

And now I badly, extremely late mind you... need to go and get some well needed sleep! Haha!

2 comments:

  1. jayrox, johnson trade was completed for Hall, Jamie told the wct wolverine organization he didnt have it in him to go to saskatchewan or play jun A anymore and wanted to play with his friends....the wct organization let melville talk to him, after that melville wanted to complete the trade and it went as follows...melvile owed wct a future, melville had agreement if jamie played for them or rights traded deal was completd for hall, if he didnt report and rights remained melvilles and he played jun b then the futures owed to wct were returned. Thats it thats all keep up good work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh heck, I'm doing good today - ended up losing my 3/4 reply by looking for the newer blog post about Johnson... haha!

    Thanks for the comment though, and the kind words!

    This is kind of the 'rest of the story' from what Robb Hunter told Jeff Henson on his interview on the Free FM broadcast for the Storm, in Bonnyville to play the Pontiacs tonight. The rest of what I heard is here: http://jayrox28.blogspot.ca/2013/01/pre-game-notes-storm-vs-bonnyville-jan.html

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop me comments, unless you're a spammer then it will be deleted - which is the main reason why I've started comment moderation. Besides that I'll likely approve just about anything, unless it get's obscene or such.