Thursday, January 3, 2013

Belated first post of 2013 - AJHL score & changes for Jan 2nd

I've pretty much surrendered to the fact/given up that I'm not getting caught up on much of anything while away at my Grandma's with the kitten distracting me so much... haha, but oh well! Turned into a 2 week long break I definitely needed in one sense, but really coulda used it on getting catch up done. Oh well, that time is lost and I cant do jack squat about it now... hehe! So no point worrying about it now, just got to focus on the now.

So here's the first AJHL update of 2013, after the lone game back tonight in Fort Mac.

Oil Barons beat Drumheller 2-1 in a shootout in the Mac. [Game summaries are back for 2013!] A back and forth game early... dominated by the MOB in the first, the Dragons in the 2nd, pretty even in the 3rd and McMurray dominated in OT, but it went down to a shootout where MOB captain LD #4 Brock Maschmeyer (who also returned from "Fractured/broken thumb, status uncertain (was expected back November 27th - December 11th)" - well overdue but Fort McMurray (team and the large crowd of 1587) is probably more than grateful he did finally return now! Better late than never, hey!

Changes:

Drumheller:
*G #31 Garrett Storms was backup again for the Dragons tonight, from KC Colts Midget AA (NAMHL).

Fort McMurray:
*As listed above, MOB captain LD #4 Brock Maschmeyer is back from overdue injury.
*Also back from injury tonight (Knee strain, status uncertain (expected back by November 30th)) is C #11 Harrison Hendrix.
*Also back is LW/C/D #20 Justin Fraser from injury (Fractured/broken jaw, status uncertain (expected back by December 11th))... heck, this might be the healthiest the team has been since the start of the season!

Also of note - I plan to continue to list roster moves and injury changes as I did while updating league stats on EP in 2012, but also to lists suspensions as the AJHL Disciplinary Report has been kept up rather well in recent weeks. I'll start listing off and inputting ones from 2013 onto EP and listing here.
- - - - -

Upcoming posts: even though I no longer update the MHL (formerly MJAHL) - where a newer EP staff member took it over from me for 2013, and a brand new one is taking over it for him as the original updater got onto other stuff, and another brand new EP staff member appears to have taken over the OJHL update from me after jokingly seeing if he'd be willing too... but regardless, I do plan on posting trades updates since prior to the December 1st cut down day to also get the archive caught up on, on EP. Also will try those WHL Weekly Reports for any new move if the link shows up now/when I get to it, as well. Will likely be posting a lot of trade updates with the Jan 10th Jr A trade deadline on our doorsteps now as well!

I don't think any of these 3 will get completed and posted today/by the time I make it to bed in the morning (the first 2 are saved on here as drafts), as I'm going to be going through pictures here before and between the Canada/USA & Sweden/Russia WJC semifinal games, and also packing myself up as I'll be heading back to GP tomorrow afternoon sometime; along with continued heavy distraction by around half year old 'kitten' that even plays fetch... honestly, I have photographic and video evidence of it... haha! he ain't a cat... he's half dog... and something else! Haha!

Again to all viewers - a happy 2013 to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop me comments, unless you're a spammer then it will be deleted - which is the main reason why I've started comment moderation. Besides that I'll likely approve just about anything, unless it get's obscene or such.