Saturday, February 2, 2013

ESportsDesk hacked! - evening of Feb 1st

Well... posts will unfortunately be delayed yet again... even longer and this time they're "out indefinitely" - but for a nice change, it has absolutely nothing to do with me and either being overwhelmed, doing too WAY much work (like the certified workaholic I am... haha!), or well... having "my heart ripped out of my chest & ran through a cheese grater" as I quoted to a friend of mine earlier tonight... haha!

Anyways, incase anyone doesn't know about this yet who follows this blog, the AJHL or NWJHL especially, looking up any stats on either of those two leagues shows this currently:


This is just the N-dub view - the whole N-dub site is currently inaccessible. The AJHL website let's you view things, but when you get to stats/standings screens of any sort, you get the above message, just partially cutoff on the right, so hence why I copied you/this blog the N-dub site view.

Yeah, it was strange... tonight was my first roadtrip with the NWJHL's Grande Prairie JDA Kings since being added to the organization Sunday - and it was an awesome time for me! The Fairview Flyers organization treated me like a VIP, even letting me setup my laptop and electronics mess (cords, phone, etc) in their private team booth behind and above the player benches. Super cool of them! Maybe my family connections helped out (I was actually born in Fairview though never 'lived there' per say more than a few hours after entering the world; but I also am related to a huge amount of people from around the area), but nah... I think it was more about just all I do and will be doing with the Kings & league eventually. I've got some big plans on that end, that I wont get into here/now.

But anyways... I got the Kings roster updated onto the gamesheet on the N-dub/ESportsDesk hosted stats site login account (only my 2nd time doing stats updating for the Kings) maybe an hour or 40mins before puck drop, and do to well... my 'infamous' extreme multitasking, I didn't get the roster and start updating it fully for the Flyers until a few minutes into the 1st. Everything - but charging my laptop (which seems to have a batter life of like 30-90 minutes now depending on what you're doing on it - very pathetic... but what do you expect from a 2004 laptop hey? Haha! I plan to eventually buy a Macbook Pro, a long term laptop for me - but let's just say the one I want is a little out of my price range right about now... haha!), and my phone (when plugged into laptop to charge) was going wrong or not working for me... the Fairview Fairplex arena's WiFi - would not even show up on a signal search, my cell phone when unplugged, my brand new 160GB iPod Classic that I bought yesterday and was unable to take with me as I couldn't sync music onto the player yet (that from 3:30am yesterday until 4pm when I bused to the Coca-Cola Centre to catch the bus with the Kings to Fairview, only managed to convert/copy alphabetically up to "Radiohead", of my 34+ GB of music from formerly working 2008 Microsoft Zune 80GB MP3 player - which I absolutely loved until problems started in the last few months, that froze a couple weeks ago and will not turn on again ever since. "State of the art, my ass!" - as I jokingly have quoted repeatedly about iTunes, for the massive wait in converting/copying the audio files... haha!)... then the N-dub/ESportsDesk stats login site. To begin with, when I'd try to update in the Flyers roster, I'd just get a blank white screen... and between attempts at getting it to work off my cell phone, Twitter tweets on both the Kings game there, and the Storm game back in GP, and trying to write down & keep track of the stats... I eventually got so backed up and couldn't clearly/loudly enough hear goal/penalty announcements, which were very delayed to begin with - that I just said "to heck with the stats until the intermission". So yeah, walked around the Fairplex for that... had to use the back of an envelope to write down data from the first period as I couldn't find any paper at the time... and when I went back to try and get things working for the 2nd period on the N-dub/ESportsDesk login, that was when I first found out about the server hacking that happened.

Needless to say, I really hope the Kings last regular season game in Sexsmith, at least on the N-dub stats site/Twitter, etc end, goes off  'without a hitch' unlike these first two games (Tuesday at home, at the Coca-Cola Centre vs Fort St. John Huskies - I just couldn't keep up on tweeting both Storm & Kings games while updating Kings stats & listening to Storm game on earphones from my cell phone's radio app, and there being no shots updates at the Coke Centre until intermissions. It was too much for me to possibly manually keep track of shots myself... haha!)... but oh well, can only do my best right! Haha!


The Kings (or at least a 2/3's of a lineup of skaters - seriously... unfortunately only 12 skaters were available for tonight's game for the Kings due to either injury or work, and only 4 of them being defensemen!) by the way won 6-5 over the Flyers (who dressed only 16 skaters themselves). The Flyers, for the most part - were prepared for this game, they were very impressive for the most part for an expansion team! They trailed 4-3 after the first after outshooting 17-14, but due to taking a barrage of somewhat undisciplined penalties in the 2nd they trailed 6-3 after 2 periods as the Kings capitalized with 2 (I believe they were both 5 on 3 offhand... if I find out later from the copy of the paper game sheet I have and cannot update online, I'll strikethrough & edit that) 5 on 3 PP goals. They scored 2 relatively close together goals late in the 3rd to make it very interesting at the end, but the Kings survived the late attack for the W.  I'm 99.9% sure, that Kings assistant captain F #15 Nolan Trudeau was the only player in the game somehow, to register 3 or more points (with 3G, 1A). Nolan Trudeau, as I also heard while talking with the rest of the Kings staff post-game, unofficially (as it cant be 100% confirmed off league stats currently) took over the N-dub scoring lead.

Tomorrow is the 2nd of back to back home games for the Storm (who won 2-1 over the Fort McMurray Oil Barons in a shootout, ending the 21 game losing streak to the MOB finally - I was joking before & after the game about them winning because I wasn't at the game... haha! First Storm home game I missed since being added Aug 31st to the press box staff) against the Bonnyville Pontiacs, and I'll definitely be back to my regular post in the Storm press box tomorrow - no question there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop me comments, unless you're a spammer then it will be deleted - which is the main reason why I've started comment moderation. Besides that I'll likely approve just about anything, unless it get's obscene or such.