Saturday, February 23, 2013

GP Storm @ Drayton Valley Thunder - game notes Feb 23rd

Holy crap I feel bad... I never thought it was a week since anything from me was actually even posted here. As someone probably could guess... things got from bad to worse for me... and well... the last week was by far the worst! Never did I give up on this blog or catching up though. My pre-game Storm post Tuesday night never did happen obviously... but this one will... as best as I can get it. As usual I had a hard time keeping up to Jeff on the FreeFM 'Information Update' about players/rosters... hehe - this time I'd definitely chalk it up to well... being half asleep. Things are starting to get back to 'normal me'... but... onto hockey stuff!

Yes, I know stats for all guys listed below are going to be games out of date. Will try getting that up to dat as soon as possible. Even with week of silence on blog here... I've never gave up on it!
- - - - -

Grande Prairie Storm changes:
*D #8 Davin Stener out with lower back injury from Tuesday's game vs Thunder
*C #19 Braeden Music out with hip injury suffered in practice yesterday.
*Concussions of some degree to many - hopefully I catch all the 'regulars': C #7 Sam Lawson, F/D #10 Jordan McTaggart, LD #4 Tyler Haiste, RW #14 Jade McMullen (who according to him on radio interview, is day-to-day & hopeful to return for next weekend - March 1st & 2nd's final games of the regular season for Storm).
*3 APs in lineup: LD #7 (was #6 before LD #6 Riley Van Horne acquisition) Kye McKinney from Fort Saskatchewan Rangers Midget AAA (AMHL) and 2 new guys I'm unable to still add to Storm roster on AJHL website (talking with Storm staff Tuesday, it sounds like no one but AJHL head office is able to add APs to our roster... kinda frustrating as these guys aren't even on game sheet in Drayton Valley tonight because of this. I've been waiting since Wednesday night for some kind of response to be able to do this stuff myself, or at least the coaching staff to be able to):
*C #19 Toby Shattler (as you can see, I have him up on EP at least... not AJHL website unfortunately and cant do anything about that) up also from Fort Saskatchewan Midget AAAs (AMHL).
*LW #28 Landon Gross up from Lethbridge Pronghorns Midget AAAs (AMHL).
*C/RW #23 John Webb, also back in Storm lineup with rash of injuries. His moves aren't up to date currently on EP because of how insanely far I'm behind on the blog/AJHL on EP, but... as the Sexsmith Vipers were eliminated from the NWJHL playoffs on last Sunday here in GP after a 3 game sweep - therefore Webb is pretty well available for the Storm for the rest of the season & playoffs.

Drayton Valley scratches:
*LW #16 Ty Bettac, C #28 Neil Tarnasky (serving a 1 game suspension... I am so far behind on suspensions let's not even get on that topic... haha!) & RW #23 Doug Jones.
- - - - -

Late edit: I should add - Storm had another new AP up Tuesday here in Grande Prairie. C #19 Jared McAmmond was in the lineup from the Grande Prairie Storm Midget AAAs (AMHL). Once again... stats aren't fully up to date, but will be.
- - - - -

I would like to have starting lineups & more info... but this is as good as I could do. Better than nothing, right? I'm back - that's what matters here... and the posts that I'm posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop me comments, unless you're a spammer then it will be deleted - which is the main reason why I've started comment moderation. Besides that I'll likely approve just about anything, unless it get's obscene or such.