Saturday, February 9, 2013

Status report

Okay... I know I'm ridiculously far behind on the main 3 topics of this blog so far - EP league updating, and on - AJHL & NWJHL.

But getting stressed out about it is not productive, getting angry about it... maybe a bit more productive, but not ideal. So, I'm going to take my usual 'calm, easygoing' approach (since moving back to GP especially) on this.

No way I'm going to get the AJ fully updated ahead of the season high 7 games tonight (Thankfully for me there isn't a full 8 game day all season from looking through my paper sked, not that 7 games/14 teams to update or 8 games/16 teams to update, is really any big difference though - it's a lot regardless!)... so what I will do, is try and gradually start out on a full 16 team league update (which as many injuries still active, and all suspensions since last update there) between now and after the 7 games. I'll do my best to do that, along with summaries from Friday & Saturday (today)'s games, and complete it fully tonight. There is no guarantees that will happen fully - but I'll definitely give it my all, and shut off/ignore everything non-work related tonight besides the cell for tweeter bird mainly [Storm game tweets can be done from desktop for a change lately] and music as it helps me focus and such.

Now as for the N-dub... I've never felt so appreciated, respected, and almost necessary, in all my life with anything work related! I get a great amount of respect from many on EP, and just about everyone I work with at the Storm home games - but it's not to the level I've felt in the NWJHL, especially with the Kings organization. The full league update/start of daily league updates was a project I started a few weeks ago, but due to all the non-work BS that happened last week mainly, and falling behind, that project unfortunately got shelved onto the back burner. But as from the respect I feel from the league, and the 3 home arenas/team staff I've met (seriously, I've been openly welcomed as a league VIP in all 3 - GP, Fairview & now Sexsmith - right from the start basically!) - there a huger amount of respect from me towards the league in helping out in any way I can. Daily updates are an important project for me, but realistically with how far I am behind on everything currently, this project is best projected to start up fully in the post-season. A good thing about the N-dub is that all 8 teams make the playoffs - which means if I start daily updates now or for the playoffs it wont make any huge difference in regard that no teams will be discluded if I start this project for the playoffs, starting Tuesday.

So that's where we stand now... time for me to get ready for the Storm pre-game and start the full scale league update!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop me comments, unless you're a spammer then it will be deleted - which is the main reason why I've started comment moderation. Besides that I'll likely approve just about anything, unless it get's obscene or such.